Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Next time I'm yawning....
















I'm going to take some time out of my SUPER busy teleconferencing schedule on this rather gray Tuesday morning to share something that I found to be quite interesting, (thanks to my good friend Kate for sharing this information)--- YAWNING IS BENEFICIAL!!!!!! I mean, come on people... am I the only one that likes to yawn? Apparently not... look how much fun we're all having....

Apollo Ohno yawning

Random Cartoon Guy yawning

Cute little puppy dog that probably has NASTY smelling puppy breath yawning
Cute little baby fox that probably wants to bite me yawning


Katherine Heigl yawning

Big, scary, King of the Jungle that DEFINITELY wants to bite me yawning


"Google image yawning" dude yawning

Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey looks (well... you know the rest) yawning


The MOON yawning (I mean, c'MONNNNN)

Cuuuute little baby yawning



Former Pope (RIP) yawningFormer VP Dick Cheney yawning at what looks to be a VERYYYY important meeting yawning


President Barack Obama yawning


You can click here if you'd like to read the full news article for yourself... Otherwise, I'm going to pare it down for you Casi style.

  • Our brains are like computers and operate most efficiently when cool
  • we yawn in response to increased brain\body temp
  • yawning provides a means for increased alertness (it recharges your battery, so to speak)
  • it helps us relax
  • it helps to manage stress
  • it lifts our mood... and BEST of all....
  • it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

So, while there may be some social stigmas associated with yawning, (especially in the middle of important meetings, conversation with friends who are less than interesting, various programs, classes, or other boring social gatherings)... the benefits explained in this article say to me that I can now YAWN without GUILT!! Though it may happen at any given time, it isn't a sign of boredom... it's a sign that your body is working as it's supposed to be... so bring on the yawns and make no apologies!!! THUMBS UP!!

That is all. :)

Just kidding, no it's not... Out of curiosity, how many times did you yawn while reading this blog???

FYI..... I'm yawning right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment