Friday, April 9, 2010

It's all about BALANCE




word: bal-ance

pronunciation: \'ba-len(t)s\

I'm big on balance... reallllly big... I looked up the actual definition and below are a few of my favorites:
  • equipoise between contrasting, opposing, or interacting elements (you'll understand why this is so fitting shortly)
  • an aesthetically pleasing integration of elements
  • a physical equilibrium
  • mental and emotional steadiness

So, after work, I went home and in a mad dash, changed clothes and headed to Zumba. This is by far, the sweatiest workout I've found to date, not to mention TONS of fun and a great stress relief!! I STRONGLY encourage you to find a class near you and try it out. On average, a 150 pound person can burn between 500 - 600 calories in one hour of Zumba, which beats out swimming or speed walking, PLUS you get to DANCE and have a great time!!!







When I left, I literally looked like a wet dog and probably smelled even worse that that... But, I had made plans to have dinner at Red Lobster and didn't have time to go home to get ready. You better believe I took my booty shaking self right down I-85 with the quickness... Many thanks to philosophy inner grace body spray for making the experience a little more bareable for those dining with me :) Working out makes you wanna eat... And, that I did. I could go to that place and be perfectly content with their salad and cheese biscuits (queue heavenly angel chorus and bright lights)....

Why I ordered a shrimp combo, I have no clue, because I was so full by the time it got there, I barely touched it.

So, look people, what I'm saying is... YES I pigged out at tha Lobsta, but YESSS I ALSO shook my tailfeathers at Zumba---- doesn't some diet book somewhere say that it sort of equals out? Yep, I'm sure of it.

Conclusion? A perfectly balanced evening, with sweat, cheese biscuits, and old friends.

Mission Accomplished


No comments:

Post a Comment